6 Sept, 2011. A TV Talk-Show under the auspices of HU Faculty of Engineering was organized in the Auditorium of HU Euro Campus on August 16, 2011. More than a 100 students along with Teaching Faculty of Department of Electrical Engineering attended the seminar.
Several renowned personalities from the field of Engineering graced the seminar, including:
- Engr. Ms. Naheed Ghazanfar: First Pakistani Woman, Vice President FEICA of SAARC Countries, Member ASXE, USA and safety Engineer Canada.
- Engr. Mr. Amir Zamir Ahmad Khan: Secretary Institute of Engineers Pakistan (IEP), Lahore Centre.
- Maj. Gen. (R) Muhammad Latif: Director Administration, Hajvery University.
- Prof. Dr. Engr. Naeem Akhtar Khan Afridi: Dean Faculty of Engineering, Hajvery University.
- Prof. Dr. Engr. Manzar Saeed: Head Faculty of Engineering, Hajvery University.
Dean Faculty of Engineering, Prof. Dr. Naeem Akhtar, in his speech, emphasized the importance of role of engineers in view of the inland and next door destruction caused due to war on terror. He said that Pakistan is a nursery of Engineers for Afghanistan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, UK, USA, China and European Countries, and pointed out the dire need to produce more qualified Engineers.
Ms. Naheed Ghazanfar in her speech revealed that she was the first Civil Engineer in Pakistan. She encouraged the engineering students to prosper in their knowledge, wisdom and courage.
Maj. Gen. (R) Muhammad Latif was proud of Pakistani Engineers role in Defense of Pakistan. He praised the mobility, firepower and lethality added by Pakistani Engineers. He pointed out specific fields in which Pakistani Scientists & Engineers have produced better vehicles, weapons, aircrafts missiles and nuclear arsenals. Role of Engineers in Defense Of Pakistan has been commendable, he concluded.
Prof. Dr. Manzar Saeed praised the faculty of engineering and the quality of their teaching at HU, and emphasized on continual innovation if the field of teaching Engineering.Â There was a interactive session between the Guest Speakers & students, which allowed Students to gain a deeper understanding of the issues raised in the seminar.