1. Information collectedInformation Automatically Logged
The University may make a record of your visit to a Web site and use a Web Server to log any of the following information:
- the user's Server address
- domain name (eg. .edu, .gov, .com, .au, .uk, etc)
- IP address
- the date and time of the visit to a site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of Web browser used
The data collected is used for the following purposes:
- Web Server and system administration, including monitoring to prevent security breaches
- revision of Web site Content to better meet users' information needs
- usage statistics for particular Web sites
- capacity planning
Access to Web Server logs is restricted to authorised system administrators.
2. SecurityThe computers used to run University Web Servers have security measures in place against the loss, misuse and alteration of data, as defined in the University's IT Security Policy.
A Secure Web Server is used to provide a login screen when a user is required to enter identification details such as a Hajvery Username and Hajvery Password. The data exchanged between the user's Web browser and the Secure Web Server is encrypted.
A cookie is a small amount of information given to your Web browser by our Web Server. The browser stores the message in a text file and the message is then sent back to the Web Server each time the browser requests a page from the Server. It is possible to disable the acceptance of cookies by your Web browser. However, doing so may restrict your ability to access some Web pages.
Cookies may be used for authentication purposes and to improve security during a user's session online.
3. Online SurveysAll research surveys conducted online by University staff and / or students which involve the collection of personal information, will have received approval from the University's Human Research Ethics Committee. A survey may ask a user to enter a unique identifier (such as login information).
4. Enrollment and Registration FormsIf personal information is collected via a Web site and held, every effort will be made to ensure that this is done by sufficiently secure means. The University uses Secure Web Servers when users are asked to use an online form to enter personal information such as address details or enrolment details.
5. External LinksContent hosted on University Web sites may contain links to other Internet-accessible sites. The University is not responsible for the privacy practices or the Content of such Web sites.
6. Use of personal informationPersonal information you supply online may be used by University staff in conducting the business of the University. Such uses include matters related to student administration, provision of services and the dissemination of information (including information about services the University offers) to staff, prospective and current students and remaining in contact with graduates.
The University may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with a Web Server. Your IP address may also be used to set up an individual session to provide a secure login.
Staff email addresses, room numbers and phone numbers are made available within the Campus Directory. Staff may elect to not have their email address or phone number displayed via the Directory.
Personal information about students will not be made publicly available on University Web sites without the written consent of individual students.
The information provided by users completing any forms on University Web sites will not be disclosed to others except where disclosure is consistent with the purpose for which it was collected and is otherwise in accordance with applicable privacy law requirements.