Following is the description of Ph.D. program:
Overview Open or Close
1. For admission into the PhD minimum CGPA 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the Semester System) or First Division (in the Annual System) in M.Phil/M.S/Equivalent degree is required.
2. A subject test conducted by the National Testing Service (NTS) or ETS, USA in the area of specialization chosen at the PhD level must be cleared prior to admission for the PhD Program.
a. In the case of GAT Subject test ( http://www.nts.org.pk/GAT/GATSubject.asp) a minimum of 60% marks is required to pass the test.
b. In the case GRE subject test, the minimum score will be acceptable as follows:
i. 45% Percentile Score: Valid for Admissions until December 31, 2010
ii. 50% Percentile Score: Valid for Admissions until December 31, 2011.
iii. 60% Percentile Score: Valid for Admissions thereafter.
c. If the Test is not available in NTS subject list, then a University Committee consisting of at least 3 PhD faculty members in the subject area and approved by the HEC will conduct the Test at par with GRE Subject Test and qualifying score for this will be 70% score.
d. Students admitted in PhD Programs after August 25, 2010 have to submit the requisite GAT Subject or GRE Subject within period of one year that is by October 31, 2011.
3. Course work of 18 credit hours preferably in the first year is required to be completed and followed by a comprehensive examination for granting candidacy as PhD researcher.
Foreign Expert Evaluation:
4. The Ph.D. Dissertation must be evaluated by at least two Ph.D. experts from technologically/academically advanced foreign countries in addition to local Committee members.
5. An open defense of Dissertation is essential part of PhD Program after positive evaluation.
6. Acceptance/publication of at least one research paper based on the PhD research in an HEC approved “X” category journal is a requirement for the award of Ph.D. degree (“Y” in case of Social Sciences only).
7. The Plagiarism Test must be conducted on the Dissertation before its submission to the two foreign experts, as described below.
Copy of PhD Dissertation to HEC:
8. A copy of Ph.D. Dissertation (both hard and soft) must be submitted to HEC for record in Ph.D. Country Directory and for attestation of the PhD degree by the HEC in future.
Conduct of PhD Program:
9. There should be at least 3 relevant full time Ph.D. Faculty members in a department to launch thePh.D. program.
10. The maximum number of Ph.D. students under the supervision of a full time faculty member is five which may be increased to eight under special circumstances in certain teaching departments subject to prior approval of the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
Academic department: HU Business School
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact telephone: +92-42-111-777-007
Course Outline Open or Close
List of Courses Ph.D Management
- Advanced Research Methodology
- Research Ethics
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Managerial Economics
- International Business
- Strategic Marketing
- International Marketing
- Total Quality Management
- W.T.O and Globalization
- Industrial Relations
- Logistic Management
- Capital Marketing
- Portfolio Management
- Globalization and Economic Integration
- Direct Investment and Globalization
- Retail Management
- Knowledge Management
- Advertising and Sales
- Comparative Management
- Environmental Management
About the Course Open or Close
MS IN MANAGEMENT SCIENCESThe MS in Management Sciences programme aims at developing a student's intellectual ability in terms of understanding the theoretical and philosophical underpinnings of modern business. The students are encouraged to explore the deepest, broadest questions of life why we exist, how society should organize itself, how institutions should relate to society, and the purpose of human endeavor, to name just a few.
The structure of markets, societies and organizations depends on our assumptions about human beings, the global resources and human welfare. The program aims at developing a comparative perspective rather than teaching one school of thought. In effect, Adam Smith known as father of modern economics was not an economist but a philosopher. He was chairman of the Moral Philosophy Dept. at Glasgow University. Another important feature of the program is to develop an integrated thinking so that students can connect the dots amongst the competing political, financial, environmental, ethical, and social interests.
The program is essentially research oriented and focuses on academic research having practical applications in real life. The program is suitable both for those who want to pursue academic career and for those who want to pursue professional career.
Fee and Financial Aid Open or Close
Fee and Financial Aid
Admission Fee = Rs. 25,000
At the time of Admission Rs. 60,000 (6 months Fee)
Monthly Rs. 10,000/-